About Me

My photo
Mesa/Chandler, AZ, United States
Married, Father of Two & pet lover. I make a career in Customs compliance. Really enjoy traveling and experiencing new places, whether in my backyard or on the other side of the globe! Road trips and camping are a passion of mine!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

1st time at Barrett Jackson Auto Auction

I received a pleasant surprise earlier this year in winning an online contest for a free ticket to the Barrett Jackson Auto Auction in Scottsdale.  I am a listener for our local KTAR radio stations and entered an online contest.

I got a call a couple weeks later out of the blue that I won a tickets and was ecstatic.  I've watched the auction on TV, but hadn't had the chance to see it live.  Wow, talk about a great experience.  Witnessing all the cars up close is by far better than watching on TV.  While you don't get as close to the interior, the spectacle is CAN MISS TV!

KTAR went far above what I was expecting.  I actually got to pick the car I wanted to sit in while it went through the auction block.  Picked myself the red Pontiac GTO.  What an awesome experience seeing the audience and all the camera's and lights going off.  I had people asking me questions about the car and how it was restored.

The car sold for over $28K which was pretty cool.  It felt like it was my car being sold and I got to watch them all bid!

The rest of the festivities was setup well.  You can see a lot of the cars after they are sold in the prep area after they are sold.  Think of a mobile Bonded Warehouse.  Food and beer gardens were pretty full, extra tables could have been used is really the only complaint.

The best area to watch the cars I found wasn't in the auction area (it was also cool though), but it was the pre-auction area.  After the vehicles come in from outside prep; they are paraded in and that is pretty much where all the pictures I took were from.  Pretty close huh!!!

A good shout-out for the Super Race Boat that was right by this prep area.  It was filled with scantily clad models prancing around.  Can't miss spot!!! hahaha!

Gonna have to bring the family the next time, such a good time!

1 comment:

  1. GTO is the best pick!!!!!Too bad they didn't make a comeback like the mustang....

    ReplyDelete