About Me

My photo
Mesa/Chandler, AZ, United States
Married, Father of Two & pet lover. I make a career in Customs compliance. Really enjoy traveling and experiencing new places, whether in my backyard or on the other side of the globe! Road trips and camping are a passion of mine!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Northern Arizona Road Trip

Well just a couple days away from a family road trip to Northern Arizona for about a week to see sights that my children haven't ever been too.  My wife and I haven't been to many of these sights since we were younger.

On the agenda is to take a drive down Schnebly Hill in Sedona and to enjoy the cool water of Slide Rock.  To quench our hunger, a visit to The Haunted Hamburger will be on the agenda in Jerome.  While we tool around Jerome for a bit we will then hit the Rim country of Pine, AZ and camp for a couple days while enjoying the local swimming holes!

We will then visit the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert and take those views in!  Meteor Crater and the cooler weather of Flagstaff will be the mid-point to the trip.  I'm personally looking forward to this stop!

We will then finally end at the Grand Canyon; where we will spend a couple more days camping and taking in the sights.  All in all we likely will travel for 870+ miles and spend about 16 hours of driving time give or take some local traveling.

1 comment:

  1. Whoo! I hope you all have a blast. This sounds like a trip that *might* actually wear Sierra out. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete